top margin

History of Grace Presbyterian Church

Grace is a congregation of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America, which was planted in the New World in the 18th century by Scottish and Irish immigrants. Organized as an indigenous American church in July, 1798, in Philadelphia, the RPCNA maintains a faithful witness to the Bible and the doctrines of grace as explained in the historic creeds and the Westminster Confession of Faith of 1648.

Grace Presbyterian Church was organized as a congregation of the RPCNA in 1985, under the leadership of Rev. G. Duncan Lowe, having grown out of a Bible study group made up of Penn State graduate students. Gordon Keddie followed as our pastor for the next 18 years.

Adhering to the great Biblical doctrines of the Reformed tradition and observing a simple biblical form of worship, the church has committed itself to the service of God through expository preaching and teaching, corporate prayer, and community outreach that results from God's leading.

Church Building Entrance

Originally named New Covenant Reformed Fellowship, the church held its first service in the State College YMCA. As the Lord blessed us with growth, we passed through several meeting places until we settled in the Airport Road facility. This has been completely refurbished, internally and externally, and we thank God for His generous provision of this centre for ministry.